Brand Licensing Europe’s Retail Mentoring Program revealed that 84 delegates from 21 retailers (including eight newbies) have confirmed their participation, with applications ending May 28.
The organizers are hosting a fully virtual / physical hybrid format this year, allowing European retailers to participate.
The free, accredited CPD (Continuing Professional Development) course now has new retailers confirmed for 2021, including Bershka, GameStop, Maqio, Merlin Entertainments, RSPCA, The Hut Group, Vanilla Underground, and ZSL, featuring Fat Face, Matalan and Revenir then au program. Retailers from Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Selfridges, Halfords, Asda George, Ann Summers, River Island, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Toymaster, The Entertainer and Morrisons are among hundreds of alumni.
Arleene Rodríguez, Licensing Department Coordinator and Buyer, El Corte Inglés, participated in a trial with European retailers in 2020.
“I would definitely recommend the Retail Mentorship Program to other retailers as it is a great experience,” says Rodríguez. “Not only do you learn very relevant and useful things to better understand the sector and how it works, but if you already have some knowledge, you will be able to review many concepts, see things from a different or new perspective, and of course, meet many people in the industry who also love the licensing world and can help you see the potential of your business. “
The benefits of Retail Mentoring Program delegates include:
- May: 1 hour introductory meeting (virtual);
- June 17-18, over two half-days: Course on the basics of the license provided by Licensing International (virtual);
- June: possibility to virtually go to the judgment day of Max Publishing’s Licensing Awards and vote;
- August-October: Spend approximately 2.5 hours on a day of personalized brand owner experience (live and / or virtual);
- November 5: Half-day Licensing for Retail seminar (live / virtual); and
- November 17-19: VIP entry to Brand Licensing Europe, where retailers can spend up to three days at Europe’s largest licensing event (live / virtual).
“It’s amazing we’ve broken records and over 80 retailers will be joining us on the 2021 Retail Mentorship Program,” said Anna Knight, vice president of licensing, Informa Markets. “It’s no secret that non-essential retail has struggled throughout the pandemic, and the number of entries we have received reflects the difference that brand licensing can make to commerce. retail and the growing trend of consumers to buy branded products. Applications for this year’s program will remain open until Friday, May 28 – 2021 will be a pivotal year for retail, so I highly recommend you don’t miss out. “