CHEHALI POLICE DEPARTMENT
• A lurking vehicle reported in the 700 block of Southeast Evergreen Drive just after 7:30 a.m. on July 11 is being investigated.
• A vehicle reported prowling the 800 block of Southeast Evergreen Drive just after 12:25 p.m. on July 11 is being investigated.
• A lurking vehicle reported in the 1200 block of Southwest Sylvenus Street just before 7:15 a.m. on July 12 is being investigated.
• An attempted shoplifting was reported in the 1700 block of North National Avenue at 2:05 p.m. on July 12.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 1700 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue just after 7:15 p.m. on July 12.
• A woman allegedly paid for a purchase with a counterfeit $100 bill in the 600 block of North National Avenue just before 4:25 p.m. on July 12.
• A possible physical argument between a man and a woman was reported in the 100 block of Northeast Division Street just after 6.35pm on July 11.
Hit and run
• Just after 6:25 p.m. on July 12, a hit and run that occurred in the 1500 block of South Market Boulevard about a half hour prior was reported.
• A vehicle allegedly struck a shopping cart, which scratched the reporting party’s vehicle, in the 500 block of South Market Boulevard just after 6:30 p.m. on July 12.
CENTRAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Grocery items were reported stolen from a store on the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just before 12:05 p.m. on July 11.
• Clothing was stolen from a store in the 1400 block of Lum Road just after 12:45 pm on July 11.
• A Centralia woman was cited for shoplifting in the 1100 block of Harrison Avenue just after 10:35 p.m. on July 11.
• Goods were stolen from the 300 block of Reynolds Avenue at 2:50 p.m. on July 12.
• A man allegedly stole items from a store in the 500 block of South Tower Avenue just before 7:20 am on July 13 and fled on foot. The case is under investigation.
• Just before 1:10 p.m. on July 11, a catalytic converter was reported stolen from the 1400 block of Jensen Avenue overnight.
• An EBT card was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Alder Street just after 4:40 p.m. on July 11.
• An Aberdeen woman was arrested in the 1700 block of Harrison Avenue just before 5 p.m. on July 11 and was taken to the Lewis County Jail on a pending warrant and for allegedly trespassing and theft to be able to.
• A man in his twenties allegedly stole two handbags in the 1300 block of Lum Road just after 4.30pm on July 12 and fled on foot.
• A burglary at a garage in the 1300 block of Alexander Street was reported just after 2:15 p.m. on July 11.
Hit and run
• A hit and run was reported in the 500 block of Harrison Avenue just after 8 a.m. on July 12.
• A hit and run was reported in the 32020 block of Fords Prairie Avenue just before 2:40 p.m. on July 12.
LEWIS COUNTY PRISON STATISTICS
As of Wednesday morning, the Lewis County Jail had a total population of 142 inmates, including 122 in the general population and 20 in the Work Ethics and Restitution Center (WERC). Of the general population inmates, 99 were male and 23 were female. Of the WERC inmates, 17 were male and three were female.
The Sirens are compiled by journalist Emily Fitzgerald, who can be reached at [email protected] The Centralia Police Department can be reached at 360-330-7680, the Chehalis Police Department can be reached at 360-748-8605, and the Morton Police Department can be reached at 360-496-6636. If you have been a victim of physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, or sexual assault, call Hope Alliance at 360-748-6601 or the Lewis County Youth Advocacy Center at 360-623-1990.